Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Wednesday 7 April 2010

The Gym

Well hello again folks, its blog time again. Well man do i ache! I had my gym induction today. now induction usually means and time to introduce you to items of gym equipment, not give you a full blown work out! My god do i now hurt! Well i arrived on time and was automatically given a form to sign and answer questions. Right so im now spending 10 mins filling in forms, this is a great work out for hands, but not really what i was after. Well then she got tough. I say tough but really she was very very polite and spoke to me all the way through explaining things and agreeing to a work out plan. however the darkness fell and she turned into a work out monster! Ok i have been playing too much Zelda but she did become very very stern in what i had to do. So to start she gave me my warm up. 10 mins on the tread mill at 3pmh. This was uber hard! i was in shock. I was wearing my new trainers and they made my feet hurt like hell. Not only the back but the sides of my feet as well. This is not good, i have another hour of this. So as the 10 mins finished i was secretly wiping the seat from my face so she wouldn't see me. Getting a sweat on whilst warming up is never a good sign right? Well after this she took me over to the weights to have some resistance training. We used weights for my arms and also my legs. It was ok cos i was sitting down so i only felt the pain in my legs as i tried to lift 4kg with my shins, nice i though as i strained to lift my legs up without screaming in agony. Then came the cardio. My god i have never know pain like doing 35 mins of pure cardio in one amount of time. She was telling me that i had to do 20mins of cardio on one machine and then 10 on another, but we need to work towards that. So for now my routine is now, 10 mins on the bike, 10 mins cross trainer, and 10 mins on the treadmill again. All of the settings on these machines all set to random. I now have to aim to keep my heart rate in 125-145bpm. This i had no problems doing. So as i cycled away i though this was ok, not to bad. Then i finished, i felt rather good about myself. Then she put me on the cross trainer. Ok this is now hard. As i counted down the mins it seamed to get longer and longer. Come on come on i kept thinking. Also thinking about random stuff like, what does chocolate and mayo taste like? This is probably because i watched a tv show last night which had a lot of chocolate in. Then after finishing on this i needed a little break. but Mrs fitness instructor did not want to give me a rest. oh no, so with sweat now dripping from my for head and my heart going ten to the dozen, i started on my ten min walk on the treadmill. Ok you can do this i thought. She said i had to start trying to walk without my hands on the machine, however i couldn't do it. I needed to hand on as i thought my legs would give way and that would be it. So holding so tightly i thought my fingers would melt into the plastic as i was now getting very very hot and sticky. And so the mins turned to seconds and then i had finished. Thank fuck for that! Sorry bout swearing but it kinda summed up how i was feeling. Then she turned to me and said it now time to cool down. So as she walked to the cycle machine i kinda dragged myself behind her trying not to make a wimper sound as at this point i was licking my paws in shock. Ok 3 mins on the cycle machine. So as i sat cycling slowly she chatted to me and explained what would happen now and i was basically now finished my work out. I got off the machine after the 3 mins and then we stretched and she led me downstairs for my photo. PHOTO! i know. out of any time i could have had a photo take it was after i had worked out, and on a day i have not washed my hair because i was going swimming later! I really really do not want to see that picture any time soon. So as we said good bye she reminded me of the exercises to do at home on a big blue ball if i could get one. Apparently its all in the hip action. So if you see me walking down a street and im wiggling my hips you know i have to do it, the instructor told me so.

Now after i had finished i waited about 5 mins and William arrived to pick me up. I told him how it all went and he was happy. It was only after we got home that i realized how much pain i was going through. Lets just say so far William has helped me out of the car and up the stairs as i think my legs have taken a short break to any where away from the rest of me. They have placed a huge sign saying, exercise will be banned, we are on strike. So not sure how swimming is going to go later, we shall have to see. so until later. bye bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment